Friday, October 14, 2005

If it were, as it may that I should move on and die today
In the early hours of dawn, should a lifeless body be found
Amidst the clutter of books, should I fade away
as the adhan rises softly in the background

If it were, as it may that I should move on and die today
What of those whom I have left behind.
Would even a silent tear be shed
long after I'm buried dead or soon to be a forgotten memory.

If it were, as it may that today I begin my afterlife
What care would I have of those still alive
What is their opinion of my leaving, or of my life?
My only care is where will my soul arrive?

Is this light-weight backpack sufficient for my journey
will I fall short and end with eternal burning?
Oh Allah! Forgive my soul of my sins and spare me from the fire
It is only Your pleasure and jannah that I desire

No comments: