Saturday, October 15, 2005

Doubt

I wonder why exactly have I chosen English. I'm not particulary good at it, nor is my writing of any superior caliber. Even as I type these words, I question the ones I have chosen, their position, the thought, the idea. Your career should be something you're good at, what if you are mediocre at everything that interests you? What if even at your full potential you are barely up to par? I've always set a high standard for myself. Despite working at about 70%, I've made decent grades, written decent articles. I don't know if I do have another 30% to even work up to. Maybe I'm kidding myself by saying I'm not working up to my potential. Maybe this IS my potential. Maybe decent is the best that I can do. A thought worse than never reaching my potential, is to reach it and find out... I'm just mediocre.

It wasn't curiosity that killed the cat, it was mediocrity which murdered it.

No comments: