Sunday, August 13, 2006

I've inherited my mother's sneezing sensibilities. Never letting a sneeze be alone I always sneeze in multiples- usually in the mornings or because of some dust or something. Recently I developed allergies though. In fits of 20-25 at a time. The mystery is what it is caused by. While making some daal, I sniffed various little jars of spices to find the garam masala, yet... not a single sneeze. I can walk through the detergent aisle at Wal-Mart and break sneezing records. I sneeze while I'm in the house, in the shower, outside, while driving, and I think I'm just allergic to air and life. Alhamdulillah.

I think my allergies are okay now...not because they've stopped, but because they help me to thank Allah... nearly hundreds of times a day. Thank Allah that my worries consist of sneezes, not bombs or starvation, death or poverty, imprisonment or prosecution.

May He grant patience to the Muslimeen all over the world facing trials and hardships which most of us cannot begin to understand the implications of. May the oppressed be liberated, the jailed and imprisoned be freed, may those tested with trials succeed, and may those facing hardships have more patience than they will ever need. May He reward them, expiate their sins, and grant them lofty abodes in Jannatul-Firdaws. Ameen, thooma ameen.

No comments: