Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Happy for today:
My brother took me out for lunch and we got to hang out for a little while. Alhamdulillah.

It's been a long day. The commute gets tiresome and boring. The TESL class is interesting. Definately a diverse group of people. I am looking forward to it. Although... everyone is a graduate student in there with a few years of experience - a little intimidating. I found out I am not eligible for the Mississippi Teacher Corp or Teach for America (the upside to the programs being they pay for a masters if you decide to teach with them for two years), however I'll look into the teacher fellowship program. They require a three year committment...=S I don't want to be here another three years, but inshaAllah I'll keep the option open. I'm polishing up my teaching resume and freely distributing it from atop tall buildings in major cities across north america and especially near islamic schools. Allahu alam if I'll get any serious offers, but I could focus all my efforts on a year of TESL and learning arabic in Egypt. They say you can't learn a language very well as you grow older. (they=linguists) **sigh** May seems to be coming so quickly...Alhamdulillah.

No comments: