Friday, April 07, 2006

Its you that I'm full of hate for
Angry love efficiency packed inside me
I'm making my angry love without you.
Forgive my misgiving
And I may have gone too far
And given too much
Your taking - not enough
Forget my white gardenia
made into the messy sheets
open windows and air out
our memory
we've lingered so long
flickering from flames to
embers to ashes.
All we have to grasp are
handfuls of fleeting dreams.
We are shadows of ourselves
of course, & our lives are made up of
the negative spaces between us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

assalaamu'alaykum warahmatulahee wabarakatuhu :)

I realllly enjoyed this poem, Jazakillahu Khairan wa BarakAllahu feeki for posting... I like the "our lives are made up of the negative spaces between us" (which reminds me of my art class, we have to draw the 'negative' space between figures... makes you see things in a whole new light subhanAllah) and the flames to embers to ashes bit (if i were to choose, though I like the whole thing ma shaa Allah)

you should consider posting it on IN for more people to appreciate it.. :) wa Allahu a3lam

Jazakillah khair again :muuuah:
ala