Friday, December 23, 2005


We live our lives divided. When you tell me you're tired, I empathize because I've felt tired before. I don't see the strain in your eyes or hear the softness of your voice because its worn out. I don't know the tenseness in your muscles or feel how much you just want to pass out on the nearest soft surface. I don't know your pain, joy, anger, dissapointment, sadness, or love. From a distance,I can only guess from what I know of these emotions. Knowing of your troubles I pray for you, and I think about you. I wonder how to make things easier for you, yet I'm powerless to do anything, so I continue making silent prayers, offering to listen when I can.

What makes me realize this disparity between our lives, our joy, our problems, our worries, is even as we do all that we can for each other, we fall short. I fall short of everything I can do for you. For that, I hope you can forgive me.

No comments: