Sunday, December 25, 2005

The last post seems to come off sadder than I had intended(which wasn't much...sad wasn't an adjective I would use). It is only the reflections on a lifelong relationship, which despite its ups and downs will endure (inshaAllah).

Here are some pictures from our trip to Jackson.

This is on the natchez trace. It goes from Nashville to Jackson. My sister drove all the way down, and in the city. When we were on our way back, traffic was bad and I offered to drive. She insisted she could handle it, so we went along our merry way (reciting plenty of du'as). After about 5 wrong turns and being completely caught up in heavy traffic without any idea where we were, she turned to me and said, Sammerai I think you should drive now. =) What else are big sisters for?

On the way down, we saw a sign for an "Antique Shop." Intrigued we stopped to check stuff out. This bike from (circa) 1952 for 15$ was one of the high quality things we saw. The store didn't open to 12, but from the samplings on the porch we decided not to wait. A sign on the door also invited us to sell things there. They "Buy junk, Sell antiques." Haha...they are pretty slick. That car in the back is us...not an antique. Just a sign of stereotypical desiness.

While waiting for the doctor, we got some chocolate ice cream. I poured some hot coffee into mine. MMMM. We also took some silly shots, posing as we indulged in the ecstatic delight that is .50 cent chocolate ice cream. I'll spare you those.


After the appointment, we went to Olive Garden. My sister was a bit embarrassed that I was taking pictures there. She told me, it's just Olive Garden! Ah, little does she know...
I ordered my Four Cheese Shrimp Tortellini, and sadly they ran out of it. No Four Cheese Shrimp Tortellini for me. Khair InshaAllah. I had something else instead, and Alhamdulillah it was pretty good. My sister got something that looked equally yummy. We ordered the much anticipated Tiramisu, and mmmmmm. It was fantastic. Alhamdulillah. The big surprise was when we recieved the bill. She didn't charge me for my entree. Woo hoo! Alhamdulillah.

There was shopping, and the getting lost, but Alhamdulillah that was about it.

No comments: