Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I spend so much time writing drafts. Some of them I write in lighting speed, and realizing that the grammar, mechanics, spelling are not up to English teacher par, I never get around to editing them. I know all the other posts aren't perfect either, but most of them can be read well enough to understand what's going on.
Maybe bullet points will be more effective in getting all this down:

1. {edited}
2. I'm burning through tealight candles like there's no tomorrow. I really like the musky or jean paul gauntier (complete with a french accent) smell, especially before bed. Except when it becomes too strong its kind of suffocating.
3. I can swim!! Alhamdulillah. After 3 weeks of noodles, floaties, boats, tubes, and my personal favorite the purple air mat, I can float and swim with my head above water or completely submerged. I hated putting my head underwater for some reason for the first two weeks, but now that I can swim underwater, I prefer it 100 times over swimming with my head over water. in the deep end too!!
4. I'm baking lots of brownies. It's a constant bake sale to raise funds for my trip. I will overnight brownies (marshmallow fudge, walnut, chewy, chunky, you name it) ! =D
5. I'm selling my Touched by an Angel CD set, Under the shade of Scrolls (Muhammad al-shareef), and History of the Quran (Isam Rajab), and my complete Tafsir Ibn Kathir at very reasonable prices...and probably better than Amazon or half.com
6. 25 more days...ah.

3 comments:

UmmS said...

salam sis, is your tafsir ibn kathir still on sale, could your sister mail it or something and I could paypal you to get the funds to you in egypt? I'm thinking I want it....

mashaaAllah for learning to swim! cooool! I love swimming, may Allah reward you for fulfilling that sunnah. now when will you learn archery? :D

UmmS said...

btw, that was Asma... you know how to reach me ;)

UmmS said...

and I want your tiramisu recipe >:)